Saturday 5 April 2014

Meeting

We met.
Life was good, but perhaps a little lonely.
And then we met.
A marriage. A couple of “waste of time” boyfriends
A couple of “bonking buddies”
I was happily single – and I never believed that I would live with another again.
Ten years
But then I met you
Internet dating. An approach. Exchange of e-mails
For a whole month – meeting by proxy – the internet is a wondrous place……..

Then we met
I had readied myself, for a date, for an interesting stranger
Clothes carefully chosen. Face made up – eyes dark – I knew by then you liked that
And a touch of perfume, but not too much
Follow “the rules”. A public place. A restaurant. People around.
There’s some oddballs out there (I'd dated a couple, but only once)

Then we met
How could it be? This stranger? Not known. Never before encountered
And yet I felt we had known each other all along
You were no stranger to me.
Conversation. Dinner. Wine. Laughter flowing and smiles
And then home
With you
Coffee
And a touch
A kiss
The scent of you on me
And we met





No comments:

Post a Comment